As any regular visitor of hair salons or barbershops will tell you, a hair procedure, be it a simple haircut or an extensive hair spa, frequently doubles as a bonding session between the hairstylist and them. More often than not, quirky incidents, life problems and steaming hot gossip is served along with a cup of coffee. However, lost amidst the laughter and conversation, are a few thoughts your hairstylist has, but refuses to share with you. We are certain you are rather curious about what these are and here we bring you 10 things your hairstylist wishes you knew.
- They really, really wish you would tell them exactly what you want. If you have even an inkling that will allow your stylist to narrow it down from an infinitely long list of possible hairstyles, share it with them. Try your best to avoid telling your hairstylist to do whatever they want unless you absolutely have no clue whatsoever.
- When using a salon appointment booking app to schedule your appointments, book a slot that is actually convenient for you such that you can actually show up for the appointment and not bail on it. When you cancel appointments, you are not just disrupting their carefully planned schedule but also leaving them with very less time to cater to the other clients as they would like to.
- Hairstylists listen to what you say and even note it down. Yes, this includes your personal life, worries, hobbies, workplace banter and everything else you talk to them about. They do this so they can pick up a conversation easily with you and ensure that both of you have a great time during your appointment. How else do you think your super busy hairstylist remembers exactly what Clarise from Selfridges said last summer about Tim?
- If you are not exactly a punctual customer, they feel free to lie to you about your exact appointment timing and you cannot actually blame them for it. Say, you are scheduled for a hair colouring session on Thursday at 2 pm. The receptionist at the salon will feel completely free telling you to show up by 1:30 pm so your hairstylist can get started on you and not waste their time or yours.
- It is a popular idea to not wash your hair before getting it done up for any occasion. This, however does not mean you show up to the hair appointment with hair that smells bad due to sweat or dirt or hair that is quite greasy because you haven’t washed it for days. What your hairstylist hopes you do here is that you actually wash your hair the night before. This way, a texture can be built around the hair that is comfortable to work with.
- Unless you wish to be laughed at later, don’t attempt stylist lingo when you actually have not much insight into how each word is applied appropriately to each situation. You will end up embarrassing yourself.
- Your hair is a lot like your skin. Treat it right. Sun damage to your hair is a very real and rather unflattering situation. Protect your hair from undue damage by covering your hair so as to limit direct exposure to sunlight.
- Your hairstyle speaks a lot about you and your hairstylist, so the chances of them not doing their best job on you, each and every single time is minimal. Each person walking out of the stylists’ salon represents the quality of your stylist.
- You can always ask for discounts on styling packages that are reasonable- say you wish to get a haircut done as well as colour it. Given the two have pretty similar ending steps you should be able to save about a quarter of the total.
- The salon likes babies and puppies as much as any other person: until they get annoying and noisy. Please don’t trouble the salon just because.
Skin laser treatment is majorly provided either in the form of CO2 treatment or via the advanced version of erbium laser. The choice of skin treatment is always determined from the type of skin the client has, the impact and effect of the type of different treatments, and the age of the client. Various treatment has the basic differentiation from either the ablative or non-ablative form. In this article, we will be discussing the ablative treatment in detail which includes erbium laser resurfacing treatment and CO2 laser resurfacing treatment. The non-ablative skin treatment has been stated with their basics. Erbium laser resurfacing is recommended by experienced dermatologist for clients who have a darker skin tone and the erbium laser restore facing works by removing the abnormalities of skin which are present on the surface. In addition to the surface level removal of skin abnormalities, erbium resurfacing also works moderately on the beneath layers. Erbium resurfacing comes with minimal damage and maximum safety protection because the surrounding tissues next to the unhealthy or abnormal tissues are not severely harmed in the process and minimal damage is accustomed on their part. Since erbium resurfacing is a type of skin laser treatment so it is not hundred per cent damage free and there can be risks of related complications and side effects. In this case, the advantage of erbium laser resurfacing is that the risks of complications are less and there are higher chances of getting those side-effects rectified within a few days after the erbium treatment. In comparison to the CO2 treatment which we will be discussing next, the treatment provided through erbium laser is less harmful and the rehabilitation period post skin treatment is usually covered up in one week. CO2 laser resurfacing is one of the most advanced plus the oldest form of skin treatment. With technological advancements and the massive changes with have been held in the field of medical sciences, CO2 laser resurfacing has developed to commendable heights and a variety of CO2 resurfacing treatment have been developed which offer effect results on a variety of different types and tones. CO2 resurfacing is efficient in removing skin issues such as wrinkles, scars, and warts; even the enlarged oil glands on the nose can be treated with CO2 laser resurfacing. The latest version of CO2 resurfacing utilises ultra pulse for removing thin layers of the skin. The pattern of CO2 laser is provided in scanning so that deep and effective treatment can be performed. Unlike erbium resurfacing, CO2 laser resurfacing covers almost two weeks for recovery. Both CO2 laser resurfacing and erbium resurfacing have their proficiency capabilities and side effects and their importance is determined by the type of skin for which they are being provided for. The experts in the field suggest that if one is looking for a surface level removal of skin impurity, in such cases CO2 laser resurfacing is the best option but if a deeper and finer removal of deep lines and wrinkles has to be taken care of, erbium laser resurfacing would provide the most effective skin treatment in this scenario.